Superior Energy Services
11000 Equity Dr., Suite 300
Houston, Texas 77041
Technology & Innovation
Superior Energy Services has a history of developing specialized tools and technologies designed to meet customer needs.
In its earliest days, the company pioneered the use of "rigless" plugging and abandonment services. Since then, Superior has been on the leading edge of a number of developments that benefit oil and gas producers throughout the life cycle of the well.
Some of our more recent technology developments include:
- Arctic Containment System — Superior Energy’s Marine Technical Services division has developed the Arctic Containment System available to mitigate underwater leaks. The system utilizes ROVs, a strategically placed weight system and service boats to position a containment dome that directs the leak to a vessel, which burns off the oil and gas.
- Subsea Intervention System (SSIS) — The Subsea Intervention System can help operators reduce costs and improve service scheduling for subsea plugging and abandonment and coiled tubing services in depths up to 10,000 feet.
- WellPRO HydroFix Gel — Superior's WellPRO HydroFix Gel is a unique low-viscosity liquid capable of penetrating into a gravel pack/formation matrix and, after being exposed to temperature and pressure, forming a rigid gel that locks fluids and gas in place. Used in place of cement to isolate non-productive zones in wells, WellPRO HydroFix Gel saves days of rig time and associated costs.
- Advanced Propellants — Warrior Energy Services has developed a new line of propellants that deliver the power of rocket fuel with a scientifically designed ignition system, allowing crews to accurately predict, control and measure the effects of each targeting stimulation event. Because the propellant provides a controlled burn, larger diameter perforations can be utilized resulting in an increased flow area near the wellbore area.
- FASTR® Landing String System — Workstrings' new FASTR Landing String System allows drilling engineers to implement casing programs that provide structurally sound well design, protection of the formation and minimized drilling time. Designed for running long heavy casing strings in the magnitude of 1.5 to 2 million pounds, the system FASTR Landing String System is designed to work with conventional rig operations, requiring no additional equipment.
- CoilTAC Thruster System — The CoilTAC Thruster System provides superior flow assurance and extended reach flowline remediation. CoilTAC is a combination of surface and subsea equipment that is used in removing buildup and blockages that form on the inside of pipelines. The CoilTAC system was designed specifically to extend the reach of coiled tubing far beyond the limits of conventional coiled tubing while traversing a minimum 5° radius and in line sizes with internal diameters from 2.750" and up.
- New Generation Frac Manifold — Superior's New Generation Frac Manifold meets the demands of deepwater frac-pack and gravel-pack completions, exhibiting technological features never seen in the market coupled with established technology that provides exceptional reliability, including the AccuChoke automatic pressure control system. AccuChoke enables operators to target a setpoint pressure during reverse out activities while balancing wells after the pickle, minifrac or main frac.
- Flameless Thermal Units — Superior Energy Services Pressure Pumping Division has a fleet of Flameless Thermal Units that are substantially safer and more efficient than traditional hot oil units. The unit has been approved by federal regulations for use in offshore operations, unlike hot oil units. These units are capable of heating fluids to 180° F at 2 bpm in a single pass on the fly. Combined with our unique line of Ultra-Solv products, paraffin waxes can be completely removed from pipelines and flowlines. These proprietary products continue to suspend the paraffin in solution after the fluids return to ambient temperature.
Superior's multiple businesses can call upon a skilled and highly trained in-house engineering staff to solve unique customer problems or develop solutions to ongoing issues. Working with input and information from the hands-on crews in the field, Superior researchers develop technology that makes a difference in the search for and production of oil and gas around the world.